Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area
- Credit: IAN BURT
Bin collection days are to change across the borough of Great Yarmouth to meet the demand of the number of new homes in the area.
From October 16 households will still have their black bins emptied one week and their green bins emptied the following week.
But the council says the days of collection and which bin is emptied on which week may change.
Residents whose waste collection are delayed by the changes can place additional one-off tied-up black sacks beside their bin, which will be accepted on the first new black bin collection day only.
As usual, additional recycling will be collected, if glass is contained within the bin and additional recycling is placed in a box beside the bin.
You may also want to watch:
Garden waste brown bin collections will not be affected.
All bins should be put outside by 6.30am on the day of collection.
- 1 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 2 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 3 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget
- 4 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 7 'How can they do this to mum' - Anger as 87-year-old dumped at care home
- 8 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 9 Road shuts in Great Yarmouth after crash involving two cars
- 10 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
Letters will be sent out to all households about the changes.