In person council meetings to return
- Credit: James Bass
Members of the public will be allowed to observe council committees once again in the flesh in a sign that things are getting back to normal.
Originally introduced due to Covid regulations, the live streaming of committees at Great Yarmouth Borough Council on YouTube will be scrapped from Wednesday.
Starting with the development control committee meeting on Wednesday, the arrangements mean members of the public can attend.
Members of the public will be allowed to observe from a public area at the Town Hall.
Face coverings will still be required when moving around the Town Hall, but can be removed once members are seated.
You may also want to watch:
Famously, Jackie Weaver went viral at the beginning of 2021 over a Zoom council meeting for Handforth Parish Council.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
- 10 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways