When are Christmas lights being turned on in Great Yarmouth?
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
For the first time in two years, Great Yarmouth and Gorleston will be celebrating Christmas lights switch on events.
Adding to the festive spirit, the light switch-on events will be running alongside the Christmas in the Parks events in St George's Park, the Boating Lake and Priory Gardens in Gorleston.
Where: Market Place, NR30 1PB
When: November 26, 6pm
Starting from 6pm on Friday, November 26 in Great Yarmouth Market Place, there will be live music and entertainment in the build up to the big switch-on.
The mayor of Great Yarmouth and special guests will take to the stage to lead to the countdown to 7pm.
- 1 Renewed bid to bulldoze 'ugly mess' country pub for homes
- 2 'He was a great guest' - Tyson Fury stays at Gorleston hotel
- 3 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 4 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 5 Car seen driving on the wrong side of the A47
- 6 Carnival fun finally returns to town after Covid disruption
- 7 What the census tells us about Great Yarmouth
- 8 Thousands flock to village's 'biggest ever' festival
- 9 Hay bale fire leaves holidaymakers stuck on campsite
- 10 Great Yarmouth Row focused in arts documentary
A firework display from the roof of Market Gates shopping centre will follow with more live entertainment as most shops and the Great Yarmouth Christmas Fayre and Market will be staying open until 8pm.
Norfolk comedian Ben Langley will be providing the laughs during the build up which will include performances from local dance groups and singers.
Where: Priory Gardens, Priory Street, NR31 6NG
When: November 28, 5pm
The Gorleston part of Christmas in the Parks is running in Priory Gardens, with activities going on from 10am to 4pm from November 26 to 28.
There will be a festive craft market, food and drink, live entertainment, children's rides and Santa's post office with elves.
The lights switch-on will take place in the High Street and will be accompanied by fireworks.
Christmas in the Parks
This year's light display will be running alongside the Christmas in the Parks event which will be held at St George's Park in Great Yarmouth from November 26 to November 28 and then from December 3 until December 5, and in Priory Gardens in Gorleston from November 26 to 28.
Christmas in the Parks will see stallholders providing food, beverages, arts, crafts and gifts inside decorated wooden chalets.
Free parking will also be available for Saturdays and Sundays leading up to Christmas.
Operating hours will be:
Friday November 26 - 10am to 8pm
Saturday November 27 - 10am to 5m
Sunday November 28 - 10am to 4pm
December 3 - 5 - 10am to 4pm
The 2020 events were changed to a virtual switch-on due to ongoing restrictions due to the coronavirus pandemic.