Don’t dry your socks in the oven - Firefighter’s warning after callout
PUBLISHED: 09:03 01 December 2019 | UPDATED: 09:04 01 December 2019
Firefighters have warned anyone looking for warm and toasty feet this winter not to dry socks in the oven after being called to reports of a flat fire.
Crews from Lowestoft North and South fire stations were called to the Commercial Road and Station Square area of the town on Friday night at 10.09pm.
You may also want to watch:
Taking to Twitter, firefighters at the North station said: "Mobilised with @LowestoftSouth to flat fire last night. Thankfully no action required.
"FIRE SAFETY ADVICE: Do not dry your socks in the oven."
The two crews left the scene shortly afterwards at 10.20pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.