Lowestoft Town win hard-fought friendly at Gorleston
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town took the derby honours in Tuesday night's pre-season friendly against Gorleston at Emerald Park.
The higher ranked Trawlerboys were given a good work-out by the Greens in a goalless first half and it was a similar story after the break before the visitors finally got their noses in front just beyond the hour mark.
Lowestoft then added a second 11 minutes later to go home with a 2-0 win under their belts.
The Trawlerboys, who were beaten 3-1 by Bowers and Pitsea at the weekend in their final home friendly, begin their Southern League Premier Central campaign on Saturday week with a long trip to the Midlands to face Hednesford Town.
They then take on St Ives at Crown Meadow the following Tuesday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Gorleston also kick-off their season in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division on Saturday with a home game against Ely City before travelling to Norwich United the following Tuesday.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 7 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
- 10 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways