Luke is top of poll for road accidents!
DRIVERS called Lauren and Luke are the most likely to be involved in an accident on the roads, new research has shown.Car insurance specialist elephant.
DRIVERS called Lauren and Luke are the most likely to be involved in an accident on the roads, new research has shown.
Car insurance specialist elephant.co.uk, looked at over 500,000 accident claims over the last two years to find out which men and women were most accident-prone. Top of the list for men were Luke, Sam and Ben and for women it was Lauren, Danielle and Jessica.
Instead of looking at the names with the highest number of accidents, elephant.co.uk looked at the names with the highest frequency of accidents. Drivers called Luke were 21% more likely than the average male driver to have an accident, and Lauren's 24% more likely than the average female.
elephant.co.uk managing director, Brian Martin, said: "Our results definitely show that motorists with some names have a higher probability of being involved in a car accident than others. There is no obvious reason for this, although some of these names are more common in younger people who present a higher risk of having an accident."
You may also want to watch:
But it's not all bad news, as if you're called Douglas or Margaret, you're the least likely to have an accident.
In fact, men called Douglas were 43% less likely to be in an accident than those named Luke. While women named Margaret were 44% less likely to be in an accident than those named Lauren.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 3 Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- 4 Nine cars damaged in overnight spree in Great Yarmouth
- 5 Drone captures unique view of Norfolk landmark
- 6 Woman threatened with 10in bread knife and two meat cleavers, court told
- 7 Woman, 29, gets cervical cancer all-clear after lockdown shock
- 8 How can Hemsby best be protected from surging seas?
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Free wi-fi launched in Great Yarmouth’s Market Place
Brian continued, "Our research is just a bit of fun really, but the safest names definitely appear to be linked more to the older generation, compared to the least safe being more to the younger generation.
"With Jack, Oliver, Olivia and Ruby being the most popular baby names at the moment, if we did this research again in 20 years' time, it'd be interesting to see if they make an appearance near the top of the list then!"