Mad March pair raise charity cash
A BLUE WIG for one woman and a blue rinse for her dog turned heads and raised money for charity on Monday.Sylvia Buck's do or dye challenge saw her walk from Matalan in Great Yarmouth to Gorleston Library raising �227 in sponsorship.
A BLUE WIG for one woman and a blue rinse for her dog turned heads and raised money for charity on Monday.
Sylvia Buck's do or dye challenge saw her walk from Matalan in Great Yarmouth to Gorleston Library raising �227 in sponsorship.
Mrs Buck, 71, from Cobholm, said she and a blue-faced Jack Russell Jessie completed the distance in around one hour, carried along by a tide of goodwill and donations from passers by.
Sporting a blue curly wig as part of the Big C's Mad March Hair campaign she said she was spurred on by her own cancer survival story. The bowel cancer was picked up six years ago while she was being treated for something else and doctors were able to head it off before it became unbeatable.
Mrs Buck said she wanted to give a big thank you to her sponsors, helping to raise such a magnificent sum.
She is pictured with Jessie before setting out on the trek.
- 1 CCTV appeal after series of Great Yarmouth burglaries
- 2 Out of stock: Great Yarmouth food bank's uncertain future
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 5 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
- 6 Hundreds sign petition calling for coastal villages bus route to Norwich
- 7 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler
- 8 School centre to be named after lifeboat stalwart
- 9 'I was in a dark place' - Woman 'saved' by messages on town's pier
- 10 Ask the Mercury: What is happening to White Lion steps?