Mad March pair step out for charity
A COBHOLM great grandmother and her four-legged pal will soon be feeling a little blue - all in the case of charity.Sylvia Buck, 71, will be walking from Matalan in Great Yarmouth to Gorleston Library with her five year old Jack Russell dog, Jessie in aid of the Big C charity, Sylvia wearing a blue curly wig and Jessie with a blue face.
A COBHOLM great grandmother and her four-legged pal will soon be feeling a little blue - all in the case of charity.
Sylvia Buck, 71, will be walking from Matalan in Great Yarmouth to Gorleston Library with her five year old Jack Russell dog, Jessie in aid of the Big C charity, Sylvia wearing a blue curly wig and Jessie with a blue face.
They set off on their Mad March Hair trek at 10am.
Sylvia said: “The dog will have a blue gel on her face but it won't do any harm as it just washes off. But we thought it would be a good idea to undertake something like this as I owe a lot to those who have contributed to cancer research. I have had cancer and having come out of it, I would like to put something back.”
The idea to undertake the walk came about almost by accident. Sylvia saw the cancer collection box in her local store and asked the manager if she could take it on the seafront as she had though of a novel idea.
She said: “It was during the summer and I suggested taking it on to the seafront and when anyone asked to pat the dog, I asked if they could put money in the collection box. When we emptied the box we found I had collected �78!”
- 1 Pleasure Beach running locals evening with discount for NR postcodes
- 2 Drink driver caught while following police car on A47
- 3 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 4 Dog rescued after fire breaks out at Gorleston home
- 5 Debate over 665 homes to be broadcast live amid 'heightened interest'
- 6 Children's truck convoy returns to region's road this August
- 7 Artist unveils stunning new butterfly mural on private house
- 8 'Handful' of people kicked out of Norfolk cinema amid Minions TikTok craze
- 9 Queen's baton and carnival set to deliver 'super Saturday' in Yarmouth
- 10 Man jailed for hotel arson which caused £6k of damage
Sylvia, who is being sponsored for the walk, added: “I'll be wearing trainers and taking my time. The dog will no doubt enjoy the walk. But I will be catching the bus home.”
Big C Charity marketing and communications manager Sharon Hulbert said: “We are delighted Sylvia is doing this Mad March Hair walk and have fun doing it.”
To fundraise for the Big C charity, call Sharon Hulbert on 01603 751691.