Madness announce gig date
POPULAR British pop/ska act Madness are to perform in Suffolk, it was announced today. The band will play at Newmarket Racecourse on Friday, August 6 as part of the Newmarket Nights series.
POPULAR British pop/ska act Madness are to perform in Suffolk, it was announced today.
The band will play at Newmarket Racecourse on Friday, August 6 as part of the Newmarket Nights series.
It is the third time Madness have been part of the Newmarket Nights line-up following sell-out performances in 2007 and 2008.
Madness are one of the ultimate British singles bands, holding the record for British single sales in the 1980s.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Wallis, Newmarket Racecourses managing director, said: “We are extremely thrilled to be welcoming back Madness to Newmarket.
“Their previous two performances in 2007 and 2008 were two of the best Newmarket Nights ever and Madness were hugely popular with the crowd.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
“It was no surprise to us that Madness sold out very quickly both times and therefore urge our customers to book early for this year's event to avoid disappointment.”
Tickets for Madness are now on sale and can be booked online at www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or by calling 0844 5793010. Tickets are priced between �36 and �18 for adults, and �15 and �10 for children.