Maintenance work for Yarmouth bridge
DRIVERS hoping to use the Breydon Bridge over the evening and night of Tuesday, June 8 will have to take an alternative route due to maintenance work.The work is due to begin at 8pm and go on until 4am the next morning, during which time an annual inspection of the bridge will take place.
DRIVERS hoping to use the Breydon Bridge over the evening and night of Tuesday, June 8 will have to take an alternative route due to maintenance work.
The work is due to begin at 8pm and go on until 4am the next morning, during which time an annual inspection of the bridge will take place.
A section of the A12 trunk road between its junctions with the A12/A47 Acle New Road roundabout , and the A12/A1243 Gapton Hall Pasteur Road roundabout will be closed during the work.
Talking of the work, a spokesperson for the Highways Agency said: “It will involve a full inspection of the bridge with all bearings and moving parts tested.
You may also want to watch:
“The Highways Agency takes safety on the road network very seriously and this inspection will ensure that the bridge will continue to operate smoothly and safely.”
During the closure, northbound traffic will be diverted via the A1243 Pasteur Road, Bridge Road, Haven Bridge, North Quay and Acle New Road to rejoin the A12 at the A12/A47 Acle New Road roundabout.
- 1 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 2 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 5 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 6 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 7 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 10 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
Southbound traffic would be diverted via Acle New Road, Fullers Hill, Alexandra Road, Yarmouth Way, Haven Bridge, Bridge Road and the A1243 Pasteur Road to rejoin the A12 at the A12/A1243 Gapton Hall/ Pasteur Road roundabout.