Maintenance work for Yarmouth bridge
DRIVERS hoping to use the Breydon Bridge over the evening and night of Tuesday, June 8 will have to take an alternative route due to maintenance work.The work is due to begin at 8pm and go on until 4am the next morning, during which time an annual inspection of the bridge will take place.
DRIVERS hoping to use the Breydon Bridge over the evening and night of Tuesday, June 8 will have to take an alternative route due to maintenance work.
The work is due to begin at 8pm and go on until 4am the next morning, during which time an annual inspection of the bridge will take place.
A section of the A12 trunk road between its junctions with the A12/A47 Acle New Road roundabout , and the A12/A1243 Gapton Hall Pasteur Road roundabout will be closed during the work.
Talking of the work, a spokesperson for the Highways Agency said: “It will involve a full inspection of the bridge with all bearings and moving parts tested.
“The Highways Agency takes safety on the road network very seriously and this inspection will ensure that the bridge will continue to operate smoothly and safely.”
During the closure, northbound traffic will be diverted via the A1243 Pasteur Road, Bridge Road, Haven Bridge, North Quay and Acle New Road to rejoin the A12 at the A12/A47 Acle New Road roundabout.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 5 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 6 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 9 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 10 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
Southbound traffic would be diverted via Acle New Road, Fullers Hill, Alexandra Road, Yarmouth Way, Haven Bridge, Bridge Road and the A1243 Pasteur Road to rejoin the A12 at the A12/A1243 Gapton Hall/ Pasteur Road roundabout.