Make Your Mark at Flegg High
THE national Make Your Mark Challenge had its Eastern Region launch at Flegg High School, Martham.The school was one of the first in the country to register for the UK wide competition, which takes place on Monday, November 16 and is part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2009.
THE national Make Your Mark Challenge had its Eastern Region launch at Flegg High School, Martham.
The school was one of the first in the country to register for the UK wide competition, which takes place on Monday, November 16 and is part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2009.
This year's challenge theme of Don't be a carbon copy resonates with the innovative school which already has a bio-mass boiler and a wind turbine.
To help the students have an even better understanding of green issues, Piers Fletcher, manager of Lings Honda, Lowestoft visited with the new hybrid Honda Insight, helping to deliver cleaner transportation, and information on sustainable energy.
You may also want to watch:
Ruth Bullard, business and enterprise manager at Flegg High said: “The students benefit massively from taking part in the Make Your Mark Challenge, and this year we are hoping to get to the finals. Especially seeing as the students already have a good knowledge of green and carbon issues due to the wind farm being next door, us having a bio-mass fuel burner in the building, and now having had a one-to-one session with Piers on greener transport.”
- 1 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available
- 2 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
- 3 'Subtly creepy' man, 70, posed as teen to chat to 12-year-old girls
- 4 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 5 Riverside road closed after sinkhole opens up
- 6 Mercedes badge or shooting star? Confusion over town's new light display
- 7 Eyes down for bingo and bubbly as players toast their return
- 8 Norfolk high school appoints new principal after 'difficult year'
- 9 'Check your outbuildings' - Concern grows for missing 26-year-old
- 10 Missing man found safe and well in woodland near his home