Make Your Mark at Flegg High
THE national Make Your Mark Challenge had its Eastern Region launch at Flegg High School, Martham.The school was one of the first in the country to register for the UK wide competition, which takes place on Monday, November 16 and is part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2009.
THE national Make Your Mark Challenge had its Eastern Region launch at Flegg High School, Martham.
The school was one of the first in the country to register for the UK wide competition, which takes place on Monday, November 16 and is part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2009.
This year's challenge theme of Don't be a carbon copy resonates with the innovative school which already has a bio-mass boiler and a wind turbine.
To help the students have an even better understanding of green issues, Piers Fletcher, manager of Lings Honda, Lowestoft visited with the new hybrid Honda Insight, helping to deliver cleaner transportation, and information on sustainable energy.
You may also want to watch:
Ruth Bullard, business and enterprise manager at Flegg High said: “The students benefit massively from taking part in the Make Your Mark Challenge, and this year we are hoping to get to the finals. Especially seeing as the students already have a good knowledge of green and carbon issues due to the wind farm being next door, us having a bio-mass fuel burner in the building, and now having had a one-to-one session with Piers on greener transport.”
- 1 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 2 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 10 Driver dies in crash on A47