Man dies at Great Yarmouth power station
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man has died after suffering a cardiac arrest at Great Yarmouth power station.
Ambulance crews and the air ambulance Anglia One rushed to the scene in South Denes Road at around 11.35am on Monday.
Norfolk police confirmed they had also been alerted.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance said: “We sent one ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
“Sadly despite the best efforts of emergency staff, a man died at the scene.”
A spokesman for the power station said: “Yesterday the emergency services were in attendance at Great Yarmouth Power Station.
“There has not been an accident, however there was an medical emergency regarding a staff member.
- 1 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 4 'Adored' teaching assistant retiring after more than three decades
- 5 Sentencing adjourned for man who travelled 272 miles to meet girl
- 6 Market place parking 'amnesty' to tackle school run chaos
- 7 Christmas magic comes to Gorleston
- 8 Drug dealers and shoplifters to be targeted by police
- 9 'The right thing to do' - Great Yarmouth people respond to new restrictions
- 10 'They make people smile': Mural painted on to town's purple parrot house
“Sadly he passed away, his family have been informed and our thoughts are with them at this sad time.
“We would like to thank the emergency services for their swift response.”