Male driver dies in A47 slip road crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after the car he was driving in Gorleston crashed into a concrete support of the slip road leading to the A47 off Beccles Road.
The fatal crash happened at about 1.15am when a Honda Accord on Beccles Road was heading towards Gorleston town centre and hit the concrete support of the slip road.
Emergency services attended, but the driver, a man aged in his 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed while initial investigations were carried out by police, but it was reopened around 7.30am.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: “Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or has information concerning the driving manner of the vehicle prior to the collision.
“Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.”
The Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said two fire engines from Gorleston and Great Yarmouth were called out.
- 1 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 6 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 7 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 8 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 9 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
The crews released one casualty using hydraulic rescue equipment and assisted the police and ambulance service.