Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- Credit: James Bass
A man in his 60s has died on Great Yarmouth seafront, police have confirmed.
A fleet of emergency vehicles were called to Marine Parade in Great Yarmouth on Wednesday (September 22) just before 1.15pm following reports a man had collapsed after suffering a medical episode.
Paramedics attended but despite treatment the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident happened close to Majestic Amusements, with police attending to keep the public at a distance.
People at the scene described witnessing a man receiving CPR.
A fire crew from Great Yarmouth also attended and provided screening for medical teams.
The East of England Ambulance Service confirmed it was called at 1.04pm to reports of a person with a medical emergency, and sent a community first responder, two ambulances, and an ambulance officer.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 7 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 8 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 9 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
- 10 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre