Man fined for drugs possession
A Gorleston man has been fined �105 after he admitted possessing class A and C drugs left over from a New Year's Eve party. Appearing at Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Friday Martin Lees, of Lower Cliff Road, pleaded guilty to possession of 1.
A Gorleston man has been fined �105 after he admitted possessing class A and C drugs left over from a New Year's Eve party.
Appearing at Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Friday Martin Lees, of Lower Cliff Road, pleaded guilty to possession of 1.6g of cocaine and 1g of cannabis.
The court heard police found the drugs after executing a search warrant at the 34-year-old's home on January 7.
Some of the drugs were hidden in a shoe so Lees' partner could not find it.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Bowles, mitigating, said his client had been fully co-operative and that he was genuinely sorry for what he had done.
Mr Bowles said: “This was the aftermath of a rather spectacular New Year's Eve party.”
- 1 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 2 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 3 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 4 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 7 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 8 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 9 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 10 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
He added: “He is not a regular user.”
Lees was fined �70 for possession of cocaine and �35 for possession of the cannabis. Magistrates also imposed a �15 surcharge.