Victim in Greek murder inquiry believed to be from Great Yarmouth area
- Credit: Archant
A Greek man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a 40-year-old believed to be from the Great Yarmouth area was found dead in a hotel room in Greece.
The male victim was found in Familia hotel on the island of Ithaca on Sunday, November 17.
A worker at the hotel in the town of Vathy confirmed it had been working with Ithaca Police to help with investigations.
In a statement, the Ithaca Police Department said: "The investigation was resolved immediately, following a systematic and thorough investigation.
"The 40-year-old foreigner was found dead in a hotel room in Ithaca."
You may also want to watch:
According to reports in Greece, the alleged attacker's wife tried to give the victim first aid before he died.
She has also been arrested in connection with the incident.
- 1 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 2 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 3 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Sisters realise late parents' dream by opening coffee shop
- 6 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
- 7 Out There Festival 2021 begins today
- 8 Trainee probation officer shared intimate photos with convicted murderer
- 9 'I'm totally shocked' - metal railings stolen from Gorleston home
- 10 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
The Foreign Office said it was supporting the family of a British man following his death and are in contact with Greek authorities.
The case will be followed up by the attorney general of Kefalonia.