Man hit on head with brick
Police are investigating an assault in which a young man was attacked and hit over the head with a brick.The 22-year-old sustained serious head and neck injuries but was conscious and breathing.
Police are investigating an assault in which a young man was attacked and hit over the head with a brick.
The 22-year-old sustained serious head and neck injuries but was conscious and breathing.
Paramedics took him to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after the incident, which happened outside Po Na Na in Bank Plain, Norwich, at 12.20am this morning.
He was later transferred to a specialist unit at Addenbrooke's in Cambridge and police said this morning he was still in a serious condition and likely to be in hospital for some time.
The victim is believed to have been attacked by one member of a small group of men, and who ran off in the direction of King Street.
Bank Street, off Upper King Street, was this morning cordoned off with police tape, with a green first aid kit still resting in the middle of the street.
- 1 Football club president is face known to thousand of Hippodrome fans
- 2 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 3 Plans to revamp Great Yarmouth town centre gather pace
- 4 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 5 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 6 PM's pledge over new hospitals, including James Paget, to be probed
- 7 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 8 Rapid growth of farm shop proves value of business diversity
- 9 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 10 Wimbledon hopes come to an end for Norfolk tennis ace
Police said they are not linking the attack with the Carnage event which took place in Norwich last night.
No one has been arrested in connection with the assault, but police said they were following up several lines of enquiry.
Anyone with information should call Norwich CID on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.