Man hit on head with brick
Police are investigating an assault in which a young man was attacked and hit over the head with a brick.The 22-year-old sustained serious head and neck injuries but was conscious and breathing.
Police are investigating an assault in which a young man was attacked and hit over the head with a brick.
The 22-year-old sustained serious head and neck injuries but was conscious and breathing.
Paramedics took him to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after the incident, which happened outside Po Na Na in Bank Plain, Norwich, at 12.20am this morning.
He was later transferred to a specialist unit at Addenbrooke's in Cambridge and police said this morning he was still in a serious condition and likely to be in hospital for some time.
You may also want to watch:
The victim is believed to have been attacked by one member of a small group of men, and who ran off in the direction of King Street.
Bank Street, off Upper King Street, was this morning cordoned off with police tape, with a green first aid kit still resting in the middle of the street.
- 1 Man released on bail following Gorleston murder arrest
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 4 Tiny dog almost loses leg after stepping on broken glass
- 5 Former town centre pub set to become flats
- 6 Vacant bar, restaurant and hotel sells at auction
- 7 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 8 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 9 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 10 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
Police said they are not linking the attack with the Carnage event which took place in Norwich last night.
No one has been arrested in connection with the assault, but police said they were following up several lines of enquiry.
Anyone with information should call Norwich CID on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.