Man stabbed in Great Yarmouth graveyard
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s has been arrested after a man was stabbed in the chest in a graveyard.
Police were called to Nelson Road North at around 4.30pm on Tuesday, July 30, to reports a man had been stabbed.
The victim, also a man in his 30s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
His injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
A man from the Great Yarmouth area has been arrested on suspicion of assault and remains in custody.
A police cordon is in place around the scene in a corner of the cemetery alongside Nelson Road North and backing on to Factory Road.
Two police officers are at the scene.
- 1 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 5 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 10 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
Four small tents that people look to be living in are within the cordon.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Norfolk Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555111.