Man's body found in Yarmouth street
Hayley Mace A busy road in the middle of Great Yarmouth has been cordoned off by police after a man's body was found in the street.Police were called to Apsley Road at about 12.50am on Saturday and found a middle-aged man collapsed in the street.
A busy road in the middle of Great Yarmouth was cordoned off by police for more than 12 hours after a man's body was found in the street.
Police were called to Apsley Road at about 12.50am on Saturday and found a middle-aged man collapsed outside the Fawlty Towers hotel.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said that the man appeared to have suffered head injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene a short while later.
You may also want to watch:
The section of road, which lies between Regent Road and the seafront, was closed until about 3pm. Police officers were on the scene and a white tent was put in place near the pavement.
Following a post mortem examination which took place on Saturday afternoon, the death is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 3 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
- 6 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 7 Decision on controversial four-storey flats pushed back
- 8 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 9 Shop owners say don't worry about Christmas supplies
- 10 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display