Search

Man injured after suffering burns as ‘gas barbecue exploded’

PUBLISHED: 20:43 23 June 2018 | UPDATED: 14:07 24 June 2018

HM Coastguard rescue officers from Gorleston were called out. Picture: HM Coastguard

HM Coastguard rescue officers from Gorleston were called out. Picture: HM Coastguard

Archant

A man had to be treated by paramedics after suffering burns when a gas barbecue exploded.

The East of England Ambulance Service and rescue officers from HM Coastguard Gorleston were called out at 2.30pm today (Saturday) following reports that a gas barbecue had exploded around the promenade area of the beach at Great Yarmouth.

A spokesman for HM Coastguard Gorleston said the team were alerted by Humber Coastguard.

“We were paged by Humber to reports of a male suffering from burns after a gas barbecue exploded on the beach at Great Yarmouth,” the spokesman said in a post on the HM Coastguard Gorleston Facebook page.

“Upon arrival the casualty was in the care of the ambulance service.

“The team stood by until the ambulance departed, then stood down.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury