Search

Man suffers serious burns

PUBLISHED: 14:48 26 February 2009 | UPDATED: 13:08 03 July 2010

A GREAT Yarmouth man has been badly burnt after he struck an underground power cable as he was building a wall.

Keith Watson, 48, had to have skin grafts at Salisbury Hospital, Wiltshire, after the accident happened in Weymouth, Dorset.

A GREAT Yarmouth man has been badly burnt after he struck an underground power cable as he was building a wall.

Keith Watson, 48, had to have skin grafts at Salisbury Hospital, Wiltshire, after the accident happened in Weymouth, Dorset.

Mr Watson, a self employed builder, had travelled from Norfolk to Weymouth to build the wall for a friend.

He was thrown back 15ft backwards and set ablaze by the shock. His apprentice poured two buckets of water over Mr Watson before calling the ambulance.

His son Darren, who lives in Weymouth, said his father's burn were horrific and that at some points it looked touch and go with his injuries. The Health and Safety Executive has launched an investigation.

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists