Man threatens delivery driver with knife
- Credit: Submitted
A man was arrested after threatening a delivery driver with a knife.
Police were called to Alderson Road in Great Yarmouth on Sunday, February 21, after a man in his 40s wielded "a bladed article" at a delivery driver at 3.30pm.
The man was arrested and questioned at the town's investigation centre before being released under investigation.
One eyewitness said he was fixing his car when he saw a delivery van turn onto Alderson Road at around 3.15pm.
He said there was then a "commotion", with the driver "speeding away" and a neighbour saying police had been called.
He said: "We were all told to stay in the house because firearms were there. A man was arrested pretty soon after police arrived but they were still trying to gain entry via the front and back of the house until around 5.10pm.
"There were police blocking both ends of Alderson Road and Apollo Walk, with at least six police vehicles on scene."
- 1 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 4 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 6 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 9 Former Norwich City stars to play in Mike Sutton memorial match
- 10 'Busy' wildlife rescue centre bids for a permanent home
A Norfolk police spokesperson said enquiries are ongoing.