Man threatens delivery driver with knife
- Credit: Submitted
A man was arrested after threatening a delivery driver with a knife.
Police were called to Alderson Road in Great Yarmouth on Sunday, February 21, after a man in his 40s wielded "a bladed article" at a delivery driver at 3.30pm.
The man was arrested and questioned at the town's investigation centre before being released under investigation.
One eyewitness said he was fixing his car when he saw a delivery van turn onto Alderson Road at around 3.15pm.
He said there was then a "commotion", with the driver "speeding away" and a neighbour saying police had been called.
He said: "We were all told to stay in the house because firearms were there. A man was arrested pretty soon after police arrived but they were still trying to gain entry via the front and back of the house until around 5.10pm.
"There were police blocking both ends of Alderson Road and Apollo Walk, with at least six police vehicles on scene."
- 1 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 2 'Forgotten' pub to go under hammer after fails to sell
- 3 Parents react to twice weekly Covid tests for school households
- 4 Drivers face delays following traffic accident on junction
- 5 Fears over 'perfect storm' for renters as eviction ban set to end
- 6 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 7 Summer is saved! Resort braced for 'full-on' season
- 8 Customers slam boss of axed music festival over refusal to refund deposits
- 9 18 of Norfolk's most fascinating buildings
- 10 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
A Norfolk police spokesperson said enquiries are ongoing.