Martham's �10,000 boost for local groups
MARTHAM Parish Council has been awarded �10,000 to give to local community groups and organisations in 2010. The money has been made available from Norfolk Ambition - Norfolk's County Strategic Partnership as part of its Participatory Budget scheme.
MARTHAM Parish Council has been awarded �10,000 to give to local community groups and organisations in 2010.
The money has been made available from Norfolk Ambition - Norfolk's County Strategic Partnership as part of its Participatory Budget scheme.
The �10,000 is available to any group, club or organisation that will benefit the residents and community of Martham.
Grants will be allocated to the best projects as decided by local residents themselves, not the Parish Council. A group of local people will administer the scheme but approved applications will then be judged at an open public meeting where residents will vote on those they think are the best suggestions or are the most worthy of getting the money.
You may also want to watch:
Final details of how the scheme will work are still being determined and anyone interested in helping to put the detailed conditions together is invited to contact The Clerk to the Parish Council immediately. Call him on 01493 749938 if you want to be involved.
Any clubs, organisations or societies that provide community activities in Martham can bid for a slice of the money.
- 1 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 4 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 5 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Driver reported after being caught with completely smashed windscreen
- 8 Man caught with more than 2,000 indecent images of children he claimed he had found on a device
- 9 Where to watch fireworks for Bonfire Night in the borough
- 10 Driver shortage leads to timber pile up at harbour
There is likely to be both an upper and lower limit to bids but no match funding is required. In particular, projects should aim to include as many people in the village as possible and should make a real difference to the community.
Your project can be a one-off event or be used to kick start a new idea that can become self financing.
Further details are available from The Clerk to the Parish Council, Peter Dawson, 8 School Road, Martham, NR29 4PX or telephone 01493 749938 or email firstname.lastname@example.org