Masked men in home attack
A MAN suffered facial injuries after opening his door to two men, who then demanded money and attacked him.The man, in his 60s, from the South Quay area of Great Yarmouth was confronted by the men at about 9.
A MAN suffered facial injuries after opening his door to two men, who then demanded money and attacked him.
The man, in his 60s, from the South Quay area of Great Yarmouth was confronted by the men at about 9.35pm on Sunday, February 10 at his home between Nottingham Way and Friars Lane.
The attackers were armed with what is believed were a wide knife or cleaver type instrument and a truncheon.
One man pushed the victim into the front room and demanded money. A small amount of cash was handed over as well as a silver Nokia phone and a small quantity of cigarettes.
You may also want to watch:
The attackers then ran off telling the victim not to follow them. He was taken to the James Paget University Hospital for treatment.
They are described as:
- 1 New twist in Star Hotel saga as it changes hands for just £1,000
- 2 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 3 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 4 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 5 65,000 attend Out There Festival
- 6 Man sought help for ADHD before his death, inquest hears
- 7 Photo gallery: Memories of the lost lido at Gorleston seafront
- 8 National newspaper names Great Yarmouth as a top autumn destination
- 9 New street art supports City of Culture bid
- 10 Two people injured in A47 crash
A white man between 5ft 6ins and 5ft 7ins tall and aged between 16 and 17 years old. His head was covered in a black scarf or hood with a slit for the eyes. He was wearing a plain white top, possibly fleecy, with dark trousers or jogging bottoms.
The second man was again white and approximately 6ft tall. He was of slim build and dressed all in black. His head was also covered and again there was a slit for his eyes.
Police are asking for any witnesses to come forward. Anyone that can help track down these men are asked to contact DC Kevin Maskell at Yarmouth CID on 0845 456 4567 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.