Holiday home conversion bid for village tearoom
- Credit: Archant
A former village tearoom and bakery could be converted into a holiday let.
The planning application, to be considered by Great Yarmouth Borough Council, would see a house in Mautby refurbished as a self-contained one-bedroom holiday let.
The house, at Buttonwick House on Mautby Lane, would have a 'garden kitchen' offering cooking classes as well as light lunches to walking and community groups, the application states.
A blueprint sees the tearoom cleared to make way for a bedroom while the bakery is replaced by the 'garden kitchen'.
The council has received a number of consultation responses.
You may also want to watch:
Environmental services, noting the proposed kitchen has shared use for the garden kitchen and the holiday let, advises ensuring separate cooking areas for the commercial premises and the self-contained flat to prevent the risk of cross-contamination.
Mautby Parish Council has not objected to the plans.
- 1 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 2 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 3 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 7 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 8 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 9 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam
- 10 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
There are parking spaces for eight cars and ten bicycles.