Medical centre start date 'soon'
HOPES have been raised that work will soon begin on Cobholm's long-awaited medical centre.Construction of the £1.2m centre next to Cobholm and Lichfield Health and Resource Centre is still subject to contract negotiations with potential developers.
HOPES have been raised that work will soon begin on Cobholm's long-awaited medical centre.
Construction of the £1.2m centre next to Cobholm and Lichfield Health and Resource Centre is still subject to contract negotiations with potential developers.
The opening of the health centre and pharmacy will finally bring a 20-year campaign by residents for a GP practice in the area to a successful conclusion.
The new centre will provide four GP consulting rooms, two treatment/
minor operation rooms, two multi-purpose clinical rooms and a waiting room.
Medical services earmarked include antenatal and postnatal care, cervical cytology, childhood immunisations, health promotion, long-term disease clinics, minor surgery, travel immunisations and women's health clinics.
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 Gorleston traders remain positive despite cost of living crisis
A spokesman for Great Yarmouth and Waveney Primary Care Trust said: “Despite unexpected difficulties with the development of this site, Great Yarmouth and Waveney PCT remains committed to building a brand-new health centre and pharmacy adjacent to the Cobholm and Lichfield Health and Resource Centre in partnership with the Bridge Trust, which owns the land and manages the resource centre.
“The PCT hopes that it will be in a position to begin building work at Cobholm in the very near future.”
Currently based at the Nelson Medical Centre, next to Northgate Hospital, the new facility may supervise training for GPs following the relocation.
Members of the public with views on this should contact Sandy Griffiths or Geraldine Adams by phoning the PCT on 01502 719500 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
It is planned to extend the opening hours of the practice from 8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday to 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and from 8am to 1pm on Saturdays.