Remembrance Day display at scaffolding yard in Gorleston
- Credit: James Weeds
A yard worker at a scaffolding company has made an eye-catching memorial for Remembrance Day.
Michael Barnard, better known as Barney, is a yard man for Mr Safedeck on Beccles Road, Gorleston, and he and his colleagues regularly create special displays for passersby to enjoy.
Inspired by his grandfather who served in the First World War and his father who served in the Second World War, Mr Barnard erected a Remembrance Day display on Monday with poppies and saluting soldiers.
It comes after their Halloween display received praise.
Mr Barnard, 68, said: "We got a few good responses for the Halloween one and people asked us to keep going."
The yard worker made the display in his spare time using recycled materials.
"I thought it would be nice to show veterans they have our support," Mr Barnard said.
The memorial is on view until November 15, and then a Christmas display will be put up afterwards.
- 1 Hunted winner reveals show secrets in Instagram diary
- 2 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 3 'Sold as seen' - two-bed house gutted by fire goes on the market
- 4 Quaint Caister cottage fixer-upper goes under the hammer
- 5 Multiple fire crews tackle overnight blaze in Norfolk home
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues woman from Great Yarmouth river
- 7 Plea as ducklings routinely snatched by killer seagulls
- 8 'Handful' of people kicked out of Norfolk cinema amid Minions TikTok craze
- 9 GP wished they could have done more for man found dead at home
- 10 'Historic' ground share agreement sealed for season
Mr Barnard added: "It's going to be a nice surprise for people."