Shoplifters arrested and car seized as police swoop on street
- Credit: Submitted
Two shoplifters were stopped and arrested in Great Yarmouth after assaulting a staff member who challenged them.
The men were arrested on Monday just off Haven Bridge on Steam Mill Lane after police officers chased down the perpetrators.
Officers had been called at 2.30pm to reports of the shoplifting and assault at a business in Pasteur Road.
A short time later they then stopped a car on Steam Mill Lane in connection with the incident. The men are being taken into custody and will be questioned later.
One nearby business owner said there appeared to be a "chase" along the road, with a car transporter towing away the seized vehicle.
An eyewitness who drove over Haven Bridge at around 3pm said there were "at least eight police cars" and a "huge amount" of police down the street.
He said: "It was quite the operation. There was a huge amount of resources out on display."
- 1 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 2 'Rain or shine, people can dine' - Seaside hotel to open al fresco style
- 3 Optimism in Norfolk resort despite gloomy report on Covid recovery
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 'Completely new arcade' - Nine businesses to open in historic mall
- 6 New pottery workshop opens on Facebook Live
- 7 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 8 Graffiti vandals hit village sites with 'TOXIC GYB 2021' slogan
- 9 'People have to remain vigilant' - reed cutter's boat engine stolen
- 10 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals