Mercury features in Second Life
THE main challenge for most people approaching the Mercury office in King Street is: “How do I open the doors?”So it stands to reason that in its computer generated version in Second Life - where everything is a bit better than in real life - they whoosh open allowing visitors to glide in.
THE main challenge for most people approaching the Mercury office in King Street is: “How do I open the doors?”
So it stands to reason that in its computer generated version in Second Life - where everything is a bit better than in real life - they whoosh open allowing visitors to glide in.
Thanks to entrepreneur Sid White's technical wizardry a cartoon version of the office is up and running alongside a range of local businesses from clothing to kitchens who are keen to tap into the potential of the world-wide phenomenon visited by millions of virtual people, or avatars, every day.
Mr White, 34, whose company GYSL is in the process of transporting Great Yarmouth to the internet dimension is currently “building” Peggotty's pub and a showroom for Reface kitchens and bedrooms where customers will be able to walk in and change combinations at a touch.
In time he hopes to add tourism and educational opportunities for people who teleport into the cyber community.
He said: “It takes a bit of creativity and skill but I am getting on with it quite quickly now. I have had plenty of positive feedback, it would be nice if I could keep up with it all.”
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 3 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 6 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 7 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 8 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 9 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 10 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
To get involved with GYSL email Sid White at info@GYSL.co.uk