Indulgent milkshakes shop goes large as customers keep pouring in
- Credit: Archant
A popular sweets shop known for its indulgent and extravagant array of milkshakes has moved to a new site in Gorleston.
Bellyboos reopened in the new site in Gorleston High Street, previously occupied by HSBC bank, on Monday.
Wayne and Suzanne Redmond started the business five years ago and are now making their third move due to the continuing - and somewhat unexpected - growth of the business.
Mr Redmond said: “My wife just wanted a little sweet shop, that’s why we started up - we never predicted this.
“We basically had to move because the business has taken off so well, we’ve had queues out the door even in the winter time.
“This building came up and we liked the look of it, and being an old bank, it is a massive building and nice and solid, plus we thought it was quite quirky.”
As well as serving sweets, shakes, pancakes and ice creams, the shop is now serving warm food.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 4 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 5 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 6 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 7 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 8 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 9 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
There are also plans to install a railing on the roof of the building, enabling it to be used as a roof terrace during the summer.
The shop is open from 10am-6pm from Monday to Saturday, and from 10am-4pm on Sundays at 156 High Street.