Family searching for missing cockatiel offers toilet roll reward
- Credit: Archant
Walking the dog during the coronavirus lockdown now doubles as a search for a lost bird after a Caister family’s pet cockatiel went missing.
Oreo - who sings a distinctive version of ‘If You’re Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands’ - escaped from a house in Caister on Friday, March 27.
And with restrictions on public life supposed to be keeping people indoors, looking for the lost bird has not been easy.
Jamie Smith, 46, said: “Thankfully we have two dogs, so the dog walks now double as bird searches.”
He described Oreo as grey with one white stripe on each wing.
You may also want to watch:
“He is very people-friendly, hand-reared since a chick so has no fear of people. He is very prone to landing on people’s heads,” he said.
Mr Smith said emotions are running very high at home, where the children miss their pet cockatiel.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 3 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 7 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
- 8 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 9 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 10 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
He also said the family will give a four-pack of toilet roll to anybody who can help them find Oreo.
If you have seen or heard Oreo contact Mr Smith at 07810 633 089.