Family searching for missing cockatiel offers toilet roll reward
- Credit: Archant
Walking the dog during the coronavirus lockdown now doubles as a search for a lost bird after a Caister family’s pet cockatiel went missing.
Oreo - who sings a distinctive version of ‘If You’re Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands’ - escaped from a house in Caister on Friday, March 27.
And with restrictions on public life supposed to be keeping people indoors, looking for the lost bird has not been easy.
Jamie Smith, 46, said: “Thankfully we have two dogs, so the dog walks now double as bird searches.”
He described Oreo as grey with one white stripe on each wing.
“He is very people-friendly, hand-reared since a chick so has no fear of people. He is very prone to landing on people’s heads,” he said.
Mr Smith said emotions are running very high at home, where the children miss their pet cockatiel.
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 Gorleston traders remain positive despite cost of living crisis
He also said the family will give a four-pack of toilet roll to anybody who can help them find Oreo.
If you have seen or heard Oreo contact Mr Smith at 07810 633 089.