Missing man is found and charged
A 42-YEAR-old man who was found yesterday after disappearing from Great Yarmouth more than two weeks ago has been charged with assaulting his partner.Derrick McHugh was last seen on the morning of Friday, February 27, at his bed and breakfast accommodation in Princes Road.
A 42-YEAR-old man who was found yesterday after disappearing from Great Yarmouth more than two weeks ago has been charged with assaulting his partner.
Derrick McHugh was last seen on the morning of Friday, February 27, at his bed and breakfast accommodation in Princes Road.
Following several police appeals, his parents, Edmund and Elizabeth McHugh, travelled up from their Bedfordshire home on Thursday in a desperate bid to try to find him.
Yesterday, Yarmouth police said McHugh, who moved to the area last August, had been found safe and well.
After McHugh was found, he went to Yarmouth Magistrates' Court where he was due to be charged with assaulting his partner, Samantha Best, at their Bradwell home on January 27 and failing to surrender to bail on February 20.
His case was adjourned in his absence until April 6.
- 1 See inside £1.1m Broads' home with own cottage and pool
- 2 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 6 Takeaways in and around Great Yarmouth with five-star food hygiene ratings
- 7 Great Yarmouth fashion boss offers free Maldives holiday
- 8 Investigations continue after stabbing in town park
- 9 New thrill ride arrives at seaside theme park
- 10 Erosion-risk coastwatch tower to be dismantled
A staff member of the Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust attended the hearing, in which McHugh's address was given as no fixed abode. He had previously lived at Beccles Road, Bradwell.