Missing man is found and charged
A 42-YEAR-old man who was found yesterday after disappearing from Great Yarmouth more than two weeks ago has been charged with assaulting his partner.Derrick McHugh was last seen on the morning of Friday, February 27, at his bed and breakfast accommodation in Princes Road.
A 42-YEAR-old man who was found yesterday after disappearing from Great Yarmouth more than two weeks ago has been charged with assaulting his partner.
Derrick McHugh was last seen on the morning of Friday, February 27, at his bed and breakfast accommodation in Princes Road.
Following several police appeals, his parents, Edmund and Elizabeth McHugh, travelled up from their Bedfordshire home on Thursday in a desperate bid to try to find him.
Yesterday, Yarmouth police said McHugh, who moved to the area last August, had been found safe and well.
You may also want to watch:
After McHugh was found, he went to Yarmouth Magistrates' Court where he was due to be charged with assaulting his partner, Samantha Best, at their Bradwell home on January 27 and failing to surrender to bail on February 20.
His case was adjourned in his absence until April 6.
- 1 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area
- 2 Man accused of murder of woman in Gorleston could stand trial in May
- 3 See inside new homes taking shape at former Pontins holiday park
- 4 New Sainsbury's plan revealed for Bradwell
- 5 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 6 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 7 Council could buy five properties for rough sleepers with complex needs
- 8 New twist in Star Hotel saga as it changes hands for just £1,000
- 9 Are customers still wearing face masks?
- 10 'It's a marvellous day for Yarmouth' - Marina Centre reaches milestone
A staff member of the Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust attended the hearing, in which McHugh's address was given as no fixed abode. He had previously lived at Beccles Road, Bradwell.