Missing man is found and charged
A 42-YEAR-old man who was found yesterday after disappearing from Great Yarmouth more than two weeks ago has been charged with assaulting his partner.Derrick McHugh was last seen on the morning of Friday, February 27, at his bed and breakfast accommodation in Princes Road.
A 42-YEAR-old man who was found yesterday after disappearing from Great Yarmouth more than two weeks ago has been charged with assaulting his partner.
Derrick McHugh was last seen on the morning of Friday, February 27, at his bed and breakfast accommodation in Princes Road.
Following several police appeals, his parents, Edmund and Elizabeth McHugh, travelled up from their Bedfordshire home on Thursday in a desperate bid to try to find him.
Yesterday, Yarmouth police said McHugh, who moved to the area last August, had been found safe and well.
You may also want to watch:
After McHugh was found, he went to Yarmouth Magistrates' Court where he was due to be charged with assaulting his partner, Samantha Best, at their Bradwell home on January 27 and failing to surrender to bail on February 20.
His case was adjourned in his absence until April 6.
- 1 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 2 Former town centre pub set to become flats
- 3 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 4 'You'll be in wheelchair' - Woman, 60, defies consultants to climb mountains
- 5 Tiny dog almost loses leg after stepping on broken glass
- 6 Man released on bail following Gorleston murder arrest
- 7 How is work going at three of Great Yarmouth's big projects?
- 8 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 9 Burst main knocks out water supply to Broads villages
- 10 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
A staff member of the Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust attended the hearing, in which McHugh's address was given as no fixed abode. He had previously lived at Beccles Road, Bradwell.