How does a mobile phone end up in a Great Yarmouth pavement?
- Credit: Archant
It has been a question that many people in Great Yarmouth have been asking for years. How does a phone end up in the pavement?
The mobile phone in question can be found in the pavement on Howard Street, outside of the Victoria arcade.
We’ve spoken to some local residents to see if they can shed some light on this fascinating mystery.
Andy Borthwick, 46, owner of Westwick coffee shop on Howard Street, said: “We’ve been here for 10 years and it’s always been there. We use to see kids try and get it out but now people just accept they can’t move it.”
Javad Jainali, 30, owner of Touch Fitting in the Victoria arcade, said: “It is very unusual but I think it’s quite funny that after all this time no one has been able to get it out.
“I can imagine at the time the phone was worth quite a bit of money but now it wouldn’t be worth anything.”
Tash Covill, owner of Grumpies cafe, also in the Victoria arcade, said: “I walk by where it is all the time but I have never noticed it. It really is bizarre.”
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 3 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 4 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 5 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 8 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 9 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 10 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
Can you help solve the mystery?