How does a mobile phone end up in a Great Yarmouth pavement?
- Credit: Archant
It has been a question that many people in Great Yarmouth have been asking for years. How does a phone end up in the pavement?
The mobile phone in question can be found in the pavement on Howard Street, outside of the Victoria arcade.
We’ve spoken to some local residents to see if they can shed some light on this fascinating mystery.
Andy Borthwick, 46, owner of Westwick coffee shop on Howard Street, said: “We’ve been here for 10 years and it’s always been there. We use to see kids try and get it out but now people just accept they can’t move it.”
Javad Jainali, 30, owner of Touch Fitting in the Victoria arcade, said: “It is very unusual but I think it’s quite funny that after all this time no one has been able to get it out.
You may also want to watch:
“I can imagine at the time the phone was worth quite a bit of money but now it wouldn’t be worth anything.”
Tash Covill, owner of Grumpies cafe, also in the Victoria arcade, said: “I walk by where it is all the time but I have never noticed it. It really is bizarre.”
- 1 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 4 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 5 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 6 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 7 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 8 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 9 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?
Can you help solve the mystery?