Model Tia to appear on television advert after winning competition
- Credit: Archant
An eighteen year-old girl who aimed to prove her bullies wrong has won a national modelling competition.
Tia Marquez, of Hertford Way, Gorleston, is one of four girls who has been chosen as part of a competition by Yours Clothing to appear in a television advert which will appear at a prime time slot on ITV in October.
Ms Marquez appeared the competition to prove bullies wrong after being picked on her for her different style.
She said: “I entered the competition by taking a picture on my own for a laugh while I was at work and then next minute you know I had won, I was gobsmacked.
“It was really exciting news for me and my family. I work in one of the Yours Clothing stores, so to realise that my face is now going to be in the windows as a model is crazy to me.
“I want to prove bullies wrong because a lot of people get bullied like I have done myself, and you should never judge a book by its cover.
“I have got crazy hair and I do have my own style, I don’t like to be a follower and for this I have been bullied.
- 1 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 2 Two teens remain under investigation after town park stabbing
- 3 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 4 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 5 'I am kinder to myself' - Mum-of-three on being diagnosed with autism at 50
- 6 What we know so far about major Paramount series filming in Norfolk
- 7 Theme park cuts ticket price and offers local discount
- 8 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 9 Great Yarmouth's £26m Marina Centre officially opens
- 10 £26m seafront leisure centre opens doors for first time today
“I hope that we can help women feel more confident in their skin and show that everyone is beautiful.”
The TV advert featuring Ms Marquez will launch on October 12 and is the launch of “Yours Clothing Fashion Freedom is #ALLYOURS campaign”.
Yours Clothing offers a range of plus size clothing.