Modelling contract waiting for winner
A NIGHT of style and glamour will see one lucky lady crowned Miss Great Yarmouth and Gorleston next month. Time is running out to enter the competition to find the person with looks and personality to be the face of the town for the next 12 months.
A NIGHT of style and glamour will see one lucky lady crowned Miss Great Yarmouth and Gorleston next month.
Time is running out to enter the competition to find the person with looks and personality to be the face of the town for the next 12 months.
A modelling contract, �100 in Debenhams vouchers and a professional photograph portfolio are amongst the prizes on offer.
Miss Great Yarmouth and Gorleston will be chosen at the crowning ceremony at the Priory Centre on Saturday, November 21.
The lavish catwalk show is being sponsored by Debenhams and Matalan and music from Midnight Sounds disco will be adding to the entertainment on the night.
Proceeds from the event are being donated to Cancer Research UK. Tickets, �1, are available from the Cancer Research shop in Regent Street or the Priory Centre on the night.
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 3 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 4 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 5 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 6 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 7 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
- 8 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 9 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 10 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
Everyone entering the competition will have a photo taken by professional photographer's Studio 54.
All ten finalists chosen by a judging panel will receive a glamorous makeover for the evening from Headrush hair salon and TLC Beauty Clinic in Yarmouth and Debenhams goodie bags.
Studio 54 will provide a six month modelling contract and portfolio for the winner.
The competition is organised by the Yarmouth branch of Cancer Research UK, with support from Warband UK battle re-enactment society, Anglia Copy and Print, Avocet Trading and B&Q. The Mercury is the media partner.
Miss Great Yarmouth and Gorleston will attend a year-long diary of charity fundraisers, public events and private functions accompanied by a Viking guard of honour from Warband UK.
Applicants must be 18 and over and live in the borough of Great Yarmouth.
On the finals night, all 10 candidates will be interviewed on stage before the final judging takes place.
Entry forms in the Mercury should be presented at the free entry photograph session, which can be arranged by calling Roy Singfield on 07787898657.
The application form is printed on Page 59 of this week's Mercury