Modelling contract waiting for winner
A NIGHT of style and glamour will see one lucky lady crowned Miss Great Yarmouth and Gorleston next month. Time is running out to enter the competition to find the person with looks and personality to be the face of the town for the next 12 months.
A NIGHT of style and glamour will see one lucky lady crowned Miss Great Yarmouth and Gorleston next month.
Time is running out to enter the competition to find the person with looks and personality to be the face of the town for the next 12 months.
A modelling contract, �100 in Debenhams vouchers and a professional photograph portfolio are amongst the prizes on offer.
Miss Great Yarmouth and Gorleston will be chosen at the crowning ceremony at the Priory Centre on Saturday, November 21.
You may also want to watch:
The lavish catwalk show is being sponsored by Debenhams and Matalan and music from Midnight Sounds disco will be adding to the entertainment on the night.
Proceeds from the event are being donated to Cancer Research UK. Tickets, �1, are available from the Cancer Research shop in Regent Street or the Priory Centre on the night.
- 1 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 2 Man caught drying cannabis he had stolen from father-in-law
- 3 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 4 Abandoned Grade II listed building to be restored
- 5 Great Yarmouth church to receive £300k grant
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 9 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
Everyone entering the competition will have a photo taken by professional photographer's Studio 54.
All ten finalists chosen by a judging panel will receive a glamorous makeover for the evening from Headrush hair salon and TLC Beauty Clinic in Yarmouth and Debenhams goodie bags.
Studio 54 will provide a six month modelling contract and portfolio for the winner.
The competition is organised by the Yarmouth branch of Cancer Research UK, with support from Warband UK battle re-enactment society, Anglia Copy and Print, Avocet Trading and B&Q. The Mercury is the media partner.
Miss Great Yarmouth and Gorleston will attend a year-long diary of charity fundraisers, public events and private functions accompanied by a Viking guard of honour from Warband UK.
Applicants must be 18 and over and live in the borough of Great Yarmouth.
On the finals night, all 10 candidates will be interviewed on stage before the final judging takes place.
Entry forms in the Mercury should be presented at the free entry photograph session, which can be arranged by calling Roy Singfield on 07787898657.
The application form is printed on Page 59 of this week's Mercury