Modelling contract waiting for winner
A NIGHT of style and glamour will see one lucky lady crowned Miss Great Yarmouth and Gorleston next month. Time is running out to enter the competition to find the person with looks and personality to be the face of the town for the next 12 months.
A NIGHT of style and glamour will see one lucky lady crowned Miss Great Yarmouth and Gorleston next month.
Time is running out to enter the competition to find the person with looks and personality to be the face of the town for the next 12 months.
A modelling contract, �100 in Debenhams vouchers and a professional photograph portfolio are amongst the prizes on offer.
Miss Great Yarmouth and Gorleston will be chosen at the crowning ceremony at the Priory Centre on Saturday, November 21.
You may also want to watch:
The lavish catwalk show is being sponsored by Debenhams and Matalan and music from Midnight Sounds disco will be adding to the entertainment on the night.
Proceeds from the event are being donated to Cancer Research UK. Tickets, �1, are available from the Cancer Research shop in Regent Street or the Priory Centre on the night.
- 1 'Nobody wants the responsibility' - Town's public art collection for sale
- 2 Man denies raping woman in flat above fast food outlet
- 3 'Unbelievable grief' - Friend plans memorial garden for Gorleston woman
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 6 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 7 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 8 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
Everyone entering the competition will have a photo taken by professional photographer's Studio 54.
All ten finalists chosen by a judging panel will receive a glamorous makeover for the evening from Headrush hair salon and TLC Beauty Clinic in Yarmouth and Debenhams goodie bags.
Studio 54 will provide a six month modelling contract and portfolio for the winner.
The competition is organised by the Yarmouth branch of Cancer Research UK, with support from Warband UK battle re-enactment society, Anglia Copy and Print, Avocet Trading and B&Q. The Mercury is the media partner.
Miss Great Yarmouth and Gorleston will attend a year-long diary of charity fundraisers, public events and private functions accompanied by a Viking guard of honour from Warband UK.
Applicants must be 18 and over and live in the borough of Great Yarmouth.
On the finals night, all 10 candidates will be interviewed on stage before the final judging takes place.
Entry forms in the Mercury should be presented at the free entry photograph session, which can be arranged by calling Roy Singfield on 07787898657.
The application form is printed on Page 59 of this week's Mercury