Money spinning event for Big C
A MAJOR event raising event to raise money for the Big C charity raised more than �1,500 - and the money is still rolling in.The first Ladies Knight was launched at the Burrage Centre, Gorleston on March 6, with the lighting of a candle to remember everyone who had lost family and friends to cancer.
A MAJOR event raising event to raise money for the Big C charity raised more than �1,500 - and the money is still rolling in.
The first Ladies Knight was launched at the Burrage Centre, Gorleston on March 6, with the lighting of a candle to remember everyone who had lost family and friends to cancer.
Two hundred people attended and 20 exhibitors, from Boots store to a session by reflexologist Julie Beales, helped make the evening a night with a difference.
There were makeovers to get the “10 years younger” effect, hot stones massage, self defence, and ear candling among others designed to make people feel better, fitter and safer.
You may also want to watch:
Many exhibitors donated prizes, including haircuts and those were auctioned off. Palmers Department Store of Great Yarmouth ran their own raffle with one lucky person going home with a �200 Lancome product basket.
Big C is Norfolk and Waveney's own cancer charity which has pledged to raise over �1m to improve the lives of local people affected by cancer, money which will be spent on equipment for hospitals.
- 1 Do you recognise this man?
- 2 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 3 Out There Festival 2021 begins today
- 4 Trainee probation officer shared intimate photos with convicted murderer
- 5 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
- 6 Ex-Charter Academy head known for discipline causing stir in new role
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Great Yarmouth Ladies Day?
- 8 'I'm totally shocked' - metal railings stolen from Gorleston home
- 9 Sisters realise late parents' dream by opening coffee shop
- 10 Children’s commissioner opens expanding school’s £7m new building
Anyone interested in joining the charity's informal committee should call either Linda Turner on: 01493 453743 or Katy Harris on 01493 453948.