Money spinning event for Big C
A MAJOR event raising event to raise money for the Big C charity raised more than �1,500 - and the money is still rolling in.The first Ladies Knight was launched at the Burrage Centre, Gorleston on March 6, with the lighting of a candle to remember everyone who had lost family and friends to cancer.
A MAJOR event raising event to raise money for the Big C charity raised more than �1,500 - and the money is still rolling in.
The first Ladies Knight was launched at the Burrage Centre, Gorleston on March 6, with the lighting of a candle to remember everyone who had lost family and friends to cancer.
Two hundred people attended and 20 exhibitors, from Boots store to a session by reflexologist Julie Beales, helped make the evening a night with a difference.
There were makeovers to get the “10 years younger” effect, hot stones massage, self defence, and ear candling among others designed to make people feel better, fitter and safer.
Many exhibitors donated prizes, including haircuts and those were auctioned off. Palmers Department Store of Great Yarmouth ran their own raffle with one lucky person going home with a �200 Lancome product basket.
Big C is Norfolk and Waveney's own cancer charity which has pledged to raise over �1m to improve the lives of local people affected by cancer, money which will be spent on equipment for hospitals.
- 1 Hunted winner reveals show secrets in Instagram diary
- 2 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 3 'Sold as seen' - two-bed house gutted by fire goes on the market
- 4 Multiple fire crews tackle overnight blaze in Norfolk home
- 5 Quaint Caister cottage fixer-upper goes under the hammer
- 6 'Handful' of people kicked out of Norfolk cinema amid Minions TikTok craze
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescues woman from Great Yarmouth river
- 8 Plea as ducklings routinely snatched by killer seagulls
- 9 GP wished they could have done more for man found dead at home
- 10 Mural in Great Yarmouth celebrating Queen's jubilee is defaced
Anyone interested in joining the charity's informal committee should call either Linda Turner on: 01493 453743 or Katy Harris on 01493 453948.