Dramatic image shows abandoned moped engulfed in flames in field
- Credit: Archant
A dramatic image has shown an abandoned moped engulfed in flames in a wheat field.
Firefighters rushed to West Caister Marshes near Clink Hill at 6.53pm on Tuesday to extinguish the blaze.
The crews from Stalham and Great Yarmouth put the fire out by 7pm using hose reel jets.
A spokesman from Norfolk Police said the cause of the fire is not known.
Residents voiced their concern over the incident after the picture was posted on Facebook.
One resident said: "We are just lucky there was no wind, otherwise it would have just gone on and on."
Another added: "Why are there so many senseless i***** about??"
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 3 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 4 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 5 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 6 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 7 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 8 Lifeboat launched to help stranded vessel that had lost power
- 9 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
- 10 BBC orchestra to play at Norfolk venue for the very first time
Councillor for the South Caister ward, Malcolm Bird, said: "I think this is just a one off incident.
"These things happen from time to time but I don't think it is part of a wider problem.
"Crime is not prevalent in Caister."