MP raises a cup for charity
THERE was no disguising the launch of the world's biggest coffee morning this week.Great Yarmouth MP Tony Wright donned a bright green wig to promote the annual Macmillan Cancer Support fundraiser at the Pleasure Beach on Monday.
THERE was no disguising the launch of the world's biggest coffee morning this week.
Great Yarmouth MP Tony Wright donned a bright green wig to promote the annual Macmillan Cancer Support fundraiser at the Pleasure Beach on Monday.
The World's Biggest Coffee Morning, which takes place Friday, September 25, raised �33,000 for the charity in Yarmouth last year.
Mr Wright said: “Macmillan are well known for the excellent work that they do and I am pleased to be a part of this event again this year.
You may also want to watch:
“I know the event will be a huge success and urge everyone in Yarmouth to take part, making the 25 September a real feel good day for all.”
Mr Wright is holding a coffee morning at his Priory Plain constituency office Monday, September 21 from 10.30am to noon.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
He was joined for the launch event by Yarmouth District Macmillan Cancer Support chairman Bert Collins, and secretary Maureen Collins.
To host a coffee morning visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 602 1246.