MP raises a cup for charity
THERE was no disguising the launch of the world's biggest coffee morning this week.Great Yarmouth MP Tony Wright donned a bright green wig to promote the annual Macmillan Cancer Support fundraiser at the Pleasure Beach on Monday.
THERE was no disguising the launch of the world's biggest coffee morning this week.
Great Yarmouth MP Tony Wright donned a bright green wig to promote the annual Macmillan Cancer Support fundraiser at the Pleasure Beach on Monday.
The World's Biggest Coffee Morning, which takes place Friday, September 25, raised �33,000 for the charity in Yarmouth last year.
Mr Wright said: “Macmillan are well known for the excellent work that they do and I am pleased to be a part of this event again this year.
You may also want to watch:
“I know the event will be a huge success and urge everyone in Yarmouth to take part, making the 25 September a real feel good day for all.”
Mr Wright is holding a coffee morning at his Priory Plain constituency office Monday, September 21 from 10.30am to noon.
- 1 New twist in Star Hotel saga as it changes hands for just £1,000
- 2 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 3 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 4 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 5 65,000 attend Out There Festival
- 6 Man sought help for ADHD before his death, inquest hears
- 7 National newspaper names Great Yarmouth as a top autumn destination
- 8 Photo gallery: Memories of the lost lido at Gorleston seafront
- 9 New street art supports City of Culture bid
- 10 Mother's shock at son's inquest over lack of mental health improvements
He was joined for the launch event by Yarmouth District Macmillan Cancer Support chairman Bert Collins, and secretary Maureen Collins.
To host a coffee morning visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 602 1246.