MP's vote of support for armed services
GREAT Yarmouth MP Tony Wright has pledged to do his bit for the Armed Forces. Mr Wright made the commitment on The Royal British Legion's campaign website www.
GREAT Yarmouth MP Tony Wright has pledged to do his bit for the Armed Forces.
Mr Wright made the commitment on The Royal British Legion's campaign website www.timetodoyourbit.org.uk.
The website also features the charity's general election manifesto, which sets out the Legion's priorities for the next Government to improve conditions for service personnel their families, the bereaved, veterans and dependants.
The Legion's head of public affairs Kevin Shinkwin, said: “We're really grateful to Tony for pledging to do his bit.
“The entire armed forces family needs the support of politicians from all parties, and our manifesto outlines practical ways the next Government can help. We hope all the parties will give it serious consideration and that every MP will pledge to do their bit.”
Mr Wright said: “I am delighted to support The Royal British Legion. They have an important role to play in highlighting the needs of the whole Armed Forces family. I have pledged to do my bit and would encourage everyone to visit the website to find out how they can get involved in the campaign.”
- 1 New bus service to link Great Yarmouth with two major airports
- 2 Gorleston road closed for five months for new manhole and tunnel
- 3 Man on cocktail of drugs arrested after hitting 73mph in 30mph limit
- 4 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 5 Concern for missing Great Yarmouth man
- 6 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 7 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 8 Car park closed after more erosion at Winterton
- 9 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
- 10 Wind turbines, cables and trenches: Is another way possible?