MP's vote of support for armed services
GREAT Yarmouth MP Tony Wright has pledged to do his bit for the Armed Forces. Mr Wright made the commitment on The Royal British Legion's campaign website www.
GREAT Yarmouth MP Tony Wright has pledged to do his bit for the Armed Forces.
Mr Wright made the commitment on The Royal British Legion's campaign website www.timetodoyourbit.org.uk.
The website also features the charity's general election manifesto, which sets out the Legion's priorities for the next Government to improve conditions for service personnel their families, the bereaved, veterans and dependants.
The Legion's head of public affairs Kevin Shinkwin, said: “We're really grateful to Tony for pledging to do his bit.
You may also want to watch:
“The entire armed forces family needs the support of politicians from all parties, and our manifesto outlines practical ways the next Government can help. We hope all the parties will give it serious consideration and that every MP will pledge to do their bit.”
Mr Wright said: “I am delighted to support The Royal British Legion. They have an important role to play in highlighting the needs of the whole Armed Forces family. I have pledged to do my bit and would encourage everyone to visit the website to find out how they can get involved in the campaign.”
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 5 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'