Police tent in place as part of town sealed off
- Credit: Liz Coates
Police have partially lifted a cordon and have placed a tent at the scene of an incident in Great Yarmouth.
Officers were called to King Street in the town at around 4.30pm.
Police tape was in place at the top of King Street where it meets Nottingham Way, and in St Peter's Road.
Some six police cars were at the scene.
Inside the cordon people in Top Fade were still getting their hair cut.
At around 7.30pm, the cordon was partially lifted but the seal remained on sections of King Street.
People in a nearby shop said there had been plenty of interest in what was going on.
- 1 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 2 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 8 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
One man, who said he lived in the area, said he wasn't surprised to find police on the streets.
Norfolk Police have yet to confirm the nature of the incident.