Mum of twins slims four stone in a year
- Credit: Archant
A mum of twins determined to lose weight when she didn’t recognise herself in her 21st birthday photographs.
Jayne Murdoch, now 22, has lost four stone since then and is starting her own Slimming World group.
She said: “I was stuck in a rut and couldn’t help feeling I was a bad mum, I had my beautiful twin boys but had no energy to enjoy being with them. I knew I needed to make changes for me and for them.”
A friend of Jayne’s was going to a Slimming World group and losing well with it, so she decided to go along with her. She said: “I felt so nervous before going but was greeted by the consultant and made to feel at ease. I couldn’t believe how much I could eat; in my first week I lost five and a half pounds and I was a stone lighter in a month!”
Jayne, who lives with boyfriend Sam and their twins in Gorleston, said the weight loss programme she chose fitted in with her family life, but most of all she loved going to the group meetings because she knew she would never be judged whatever happened.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Now my life has changed for the better. I’m out every day with my boys and can finally be the active and healthy mum they deserve.”
Jayne went on to lose three and a half stone and was crowned Miss Slinky 2014. She is now hoping to inspire others by opening her own group on March 23 at The Priory Centre, next to St Nicolas Church, in Great Yarmouth, at 7.30pm.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 7 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 8 Myleene Klass reveals heartbreak of miscarriage while on live radio
- 9 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 10 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
For more details, call Jayne on 07941519616.