Mum of twins slims four stone in a year
- Credit: Archant
A mum of twins determined to lose weight when she didn’t recognise herself in her 21st birthday photographs.
Jayne Murdoch, now 22, has lost four stone since then and is starting her own Slimming World group.
She said: “I was stuck in a rut and couldn’t help feeling I was a bad mum, I had my beautiful twin boys but had no energy to enjoy being with them. I knew I needed to make changes for me and for them.”
A friend of Jayne’s was going to a Slimming World group and losing well with it, so she decided to go along with her. She said: “I felt so nervous before going but was greeted by the consultant and made to feel at ease. I couldn’t believe how much I could eat; in my first week I lost five and a half pounds and I was a stone lighter in a month!”
Jayne, who lives with boyfriend Sam and their twins in Gorleston, said the weight loss programme she chose fitted in with her family life, but most of all she loved going to the group meetings because she knew she would never be judged whatever happened.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Now my life has changed for the better. I’m out every day with my boys and can finally be the active and healthy mum they deserve.”
Jayne went on to lose three and a half stone and was crowned Miss Slinky 2014. She is now hoping to inspire others by opening her own group on March 23 at The Priory Centre, next to St Nicolas Church, in Great Yarmouth, at 7.30pm.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 4 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 7 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 8 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 9 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 10 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
For more details, call Jayne on 07941519616.