Mum of twins slims four stone in a year
- Credit: Archant
A mum of twins determined to lose weight when she didn’t recognise herself in her 21st birthday photographs.
Jayne Murdoch, now 22, has lost four stone since then and is starting her own Slimming World group.
She said: “I was stuck in a rut and couldn’t help feeling I was a bad mum, I had my beautiful twin boys but had no energy to enjoy being with them. I knew I needed to make changes for me and for them.”
A friend of Jayne’s was going to a Slimming World group and losing well with it, so she decided to go along with her. She said: “I felt so nervous before going but was greeted by the consultant and made to feel at ease. I couldn’t believe how much I could eat; in my first week I lost five and a half pounds and I was a stone lighter in a month!”
Jayne, who lives with boyfriend Sam and their twins in Gorleston, said the weight loss programme she chose fitted in with her family life, but most of all she loved going to the group meetings because she knew she would never be judged whatever happened.
She said: “Now my life has changed for the better. I’m out every day with my boys and can finally be the active and healthy mum they deserve.”
Jayne went on to lose three and a half stone and was crowned Miss Slinky 2014. She is now hoping to inspire others by opening her own group on March 23 at The Priory Centre, next to St Nicolas Church, in Great Yarmouth, at 7.30pm.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 3 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 4 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 5 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 8 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
- 9 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 10 'Queen of knitting' meets third royal at Royal Norfolk Show
For more details, call Jayne on 07941519616.