Mum’s emotional plea for missing dog’s safe return
- Credit: Katherine Newark
A mum-of-three has made an emotional plea for help, as she looks to find her beloved family pet.
Jess, a seven-year-old Staffordshire bull terror, went missing from her home on Nelson Road North, Great Yarmouth at around 5pm on Wednesday afternoon, after escaping through the back gate.
Despite searching, owner Katherine Newark has been unable to find the dog.
She said: “The whole family is devastated. My sons Sonny and Connor have gone to bed in tears each night and their teachers say they have been upset at school as well.
“Our other dog, Cody also isn’t herself. She has been whining in the evenings and often goes into the garden looking for Jess.”
Jess is brindle, with a white stomach and a white tip on her tail. She walks with a slight waddle.
Friends of the owner have claimed to have seen a dog bearing striking resemblance to Jess being walked nearby on Havelock Road and Camden Road.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 6 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 7 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 9 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 10 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
Anybody who can help locate the missing dog can contact Katherine on 07751692618.