Mum’s emotional plea for missing dog’s safe return
- Credit: Katherine Newark
A mum-of-three has made an emotional plea for help, as she looks to find her beloved family pet.
Jess, a seven-year-old Staffordshire bull terror, went missing from her home on Nelson Road North, Great Yarmouth at around 5pm on Wednesday afternoon, after escaping through the back gate.
Despite searching, owner Katherine Newark has been unable to find the dog.
She said: “The whole family is devastated. My sons Sonny and Connor have gone to bed in tears each night and their teachers say they have been upset at school as well.
“Our other dog, Cody also isn’t herself. She has been whining in the evenings and often goes into the garden looking for Jess.”
You may also want to watch:
Jess is brindle, with a white stomach and a white tip on her tail. She walks with a slight waddle.
Friends of the owner have claimed to have seen a dog bearing striking resemblance to Jess being walked nearby on Havelock Road and Camden Road.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 6 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 9 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 10 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
Anybody who can help locate the missing dog can contact Katherine on 07751692618.