Mumday event to be held at Burgh Castle
- Credit: Nick Butcher
If it’s Monday it must be Mumday!
On November 20, mums are being invited to come together and make new friends at Burgh Hall, Burgh Castle, at 10am.
The event has been organised by Kayleigh Barker, a mum and community nurse from Cobholm - one of 200 similar events nationwide aimed at combatting isolation.
It comes after research carried out by Mush, the free app helping mums to meet each other, revealed more than half of new mums leave the house less than twice a week.
Of the 500 questioned some cited reasons such as tackling public transport with their baby, breastfeeding in public, and fear of their baby crying as reasons to stay at home.
You may also want to watch:
The aim of the event is provide “a warm welcome in a friendly environment where everyone’s in the same boat.”
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 6 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 7 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 8 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 9 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 10 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park