Musical talent show could spot next big star at Great Yarmouth theatre
- Credit: Archant
Move over Simon Cowell and X Factor judges there is a new talent show in town!
A talent spot competition will be coming to Great Yarmouth on February 24 in search of the next local musical sensation.
The Harbour Radio event will be held at St. George’s Theatre on King Street from 7.30pm.
It will consist of 15 separate nominated acts from the East Norfolk area.
There will be three different categories to be judged by a panel of three judges, there will be five contestants in each of the three categories depending on their age group.
The winning act will be chosen by the audience on the night and offered the opportunity to further develop their skills by gaining studio time and radio interviews to earn local exposure as well as the chance to feature with already established local performers at a further showcase called Live Acts 2018 at St George’s Theatre on March 31.
Harbour Radio is working in partnership with St George’s Theatre in an effort to engage and inspire the local community to follow their dreams.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 3 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 4 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 5 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 6 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 7 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 8 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 9 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 10 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
The project aims to encourage people to recognize and shed light on talent from their friends, family and colleagues.
Speaking about Talent Spot, Harbour Radio’s Stacey Hart said the event was set up after attending so many performances in schools and hearing local people who have fantastic voices that may not have been given the opportunity to grow in confidence.
Se added: “We recognize that it’s not just about winning a small amount of money, it’s about ongoing support and offering links to provide platforms and connections.”
A spokesman for Harbour Radio said it is working towards getting everyone involved in the Great Yarmouth borough and building that community culture for the betterment of the local area as a whole.
He added: “The Talent Spot event will be an entertainment packed evening which will be great fun for all the family.”
Tickets for the event will be £3.50 each and can be paid for on the night at the 300-capacity venue. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.