Mystery after bollards get painted
MYSTERY surrounds the identity of a phantom bollard painter in Belton. Concrete bollards were put up at entrances to the Bell Lane playing field after yobs went on a joyride on the field in a stolen car.
MYSTERY surrounds the identity of a phantom bollard painter in Belton.
Concrete bollards were put up at entrances to the Bell Lane playing field after yobs went on a joyride on the field in a stolen car.
The incident happened earlier in this month at about 3.30pm as youngsters were leaving nearby schools.
The parish council acted immediately and bollards were put up two days after the incident by village caretaker Barry Rose, blocking off entrances to the field.
You may also want to watch:
However, within hours of the bollards being put up they had received a coat of white paint. And while villagers are not complaining about the quality of job, no one knows who did the paint job.
Parish council chairman Malcolm Scott said: “We have no idea who painted them, it certainly wasn't the parish council. It's a total mystery.”
- 1 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 2 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 3 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 4 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 5 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 6 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 7 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 8 Mother and daughter celebrate multi-generation graduation
- 9 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 10 New boost for the Wellesley
And it's not the first time the white stuff has caused mystery in the village.
Last August spoon-sized deposits of white powder appeared at various spots throughout the village, bemusing residents.
Local councillor Mark Thompson suggested it could be flour used for an internet craze called hashing, where trails are laid, usually winding up at a local pub.
Do you know who the phantom bollard painter is? Email email@example.com.