Name change for hospice charity
The charity behind a planned 10-bed hospice for Great Yarmouth and Waveney has changed its name to East Coast Hospice.Formerly known as Yare Hospice Care the local charity says the name change better reflects the area it will serve.
The charity behind a planned 10-bed hospice for Great Yarmouth and Waveney has changed its name to East Coast Hospice.
Formerly known as Yare Hospice Care the local charity says the name change better reflects the area it will serve.
Secretary David Nettleship, said: “We want the hospice to be part of the local community and we want everyone in the area to have a real feeling of ownership. That was why we felt it was important that the name should not disenfranchise any of the people we may be called upon to serve.”
He added negotiations for a site - probably between Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft - are underway.
The charity has shops in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston
Anyone interested in joining the Friends of East Coast Hospice or making a donation should contact David Nettleship on 01493 655122 or the East Coast Hospice Office at 38 Cliff Hill, Gorleston, NR31 6DQ.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK
- 3 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 4 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 5 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 6 Man charged in connection with coastal village burglaries
- 7 New performing arts studio is something to sing about for Gabriella, 21
- 8 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 9 Pregnancy loss charity opens Great Yarmouth support hub
- 10 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town