Name change for hospice charity
The charity behind a planned 10-bed hospice for Great Yarmouth and Waveney has changed its name to East Coast Hospice.Formerly known as Yare Hospice Care the local charity says the name change better reflects the area it will serve.
The charity behind a planned 10-bed hospice for Great Yarmouth and Waveney has changed its name to East Coast Hospice.
Formerly known as Yare Hospice Care the local charity says the name change better reflects the area it will serve.
Secretary David Nettleship, said: “We want the hospice to be part of the local community and we want everyone in the area to have a real feeling of ownership. That was why we felt it was important that the name should not disenfranchise any of the people we may be called upon to serve.”
He added negotiations for a site - probably between Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft - are underway.
You may also want to watch:
The charity has shops in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston
Anyone interested in joining the Friends of East Coast Hospice or making a donation should contact David Nettleship on 01493 655122 or the East Coast Hospice Office at 38 Cliff Hill, Gorleston, NR31 6DQ.
- 1 New twist in Star Hotel saga as it changes hands for just £1,000
- 2 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 3 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 4 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 5 65,000 attend Out There Festival
- 6 Man sought help for ADHD before his death, inquest hears
- 7 National newspaper names Great Yarmouth as a top autumn destination
- 8 Photo gallery: Memories of the lost lido at Gorleston seafront
- 9 New street art supports City of Culture bid
- 10 Two people injured in A47 crash