Name change for hospice charity
The charity behind a planned 10-bed hospice for Great Yarmouth and Waveney has changed its name to East Coast Hospice.Formerly known as Yare Hospice Care the local charity says the name change better reflects the area it will serve.
The charity behind a planned 10-bed hospice for Great Yarmouth and Waveney has changed its name to East Coast Hospice.
Formerly known as Yare Hospice Care the local charity says the name change better reflects the area it will serve.
Secretary David Nettleship, said: “We want the hospice to be part of the local community and we want everyone in the area to have a real feeling of ownership. That was why we felt it was important that the name should not disenfranchise any of the people we may be called upon to serve.”
He added negotiations for a site - probably between Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft - are underway.
You may also want to watch:
The charity has shops in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston
Anyone interested in joining the Friends of East Coast Hospice or making a donation should contact David Nettleship on 01493 655122 or the East Coast Hospice Office at 38 Cliff Hill, Gorleston, NR31 6DQ.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park