Nathan is PDSA's top Pet Protector!
A FLEGGBURGH schoolboy has won a top PDSA award - for the second time!Twelve-year-old Nathan Williamson was crowned PDSA Pet Protector of the Year 2009 by the veterinary charity at a presentation in Norwich on Monday.
A FLEGGBURGH schoolboy has won a top PDSA award - for the second time!
Twelve-year-old Nathan Williamson was crowned PDSA Pet Protector of the Year 2009 by the veterinary charity at a presentation in Norwich on Monday. He first won the award in 2008.
During the past year, Nathan has been an active member of the charity's Pet Protectors Club, which aims to teach animal-mad kids about caring for pets while having lots of fun. As well as entering competitions and drawing animal pictures for the members' magazine, Animal Antics, Nathan also donated bags of clothes to his local PDSA shop in Norwich and urged his friends and family to do the same.
Nathan, who attends Acle High School, scooped the title by amassing an incredible 83,000 points in the club's award scheme - smashing his total of 66,000 points in 2008.
Nathan says: “I really love animals and have lots of pets, including a dog, two cats and two guinea pigs. I joined the Pet Protectors Club to raise funds for PDSA so the vets and nurses could treat pets like mine.”
For further information about Young PDSA please contact Vicki Craighill on freephone 0800 019 9144 or visit www.youngpdsa.org.uk
- 1 See inside £1.1m Broads' home with own cottage and pool
- 2 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 6 Takeaways in and around Great Yarmouth with five-star food hygiene ratings
- 7 Great Yarmouth fashion boss offers free Maldives holiday
- 8 Investigations continue after stabbing in town park
- 9 New thrill ride arrives at seaside theme park
- 10 Erosion-risk coastwatch tower to be dismantled