Bank says branch still open after 'ominous' sign appears
- Credit: James Bass
A bank branch has moved to reassure customers after a member of the public posted a "bizarre" sign outside the building suggesting the store was closed "indefinitely".
Nationwide has confirmed the closure of its branch on King Street in Great Yarmouth is not indefinite - but only until Wednesday, January 27.
A spokesperson said: "Due to staff sickness and the demands of home schooling we've had to temporarily close the branch.
"In the current climate it's hard to get coverage at such short notice.
"I will stress the closure is only until Wednesday while we work through staffing issues."
You may also want to watch:
She added that the sign was actually placed outside the building by a member of the public and not the branch manager - who visited the site to remove it this afternoon.
"We would never put up such an ominous note making people panic like that", she said. "I'm not sure if that person was trying to be helpful or what, but it definitely wasn't an official sign that people saw this morning.
- 1 Arrests after home raid reveals 'large quantity' of cannabis and cash
- 2 Bird's eye view of new £26m seaside leisure centre taking shape
- 3 Teenager who died in motorcycle crash named
- 4 House of multiple occupancy in 'desirable area' set for auction
- 5 Visitors from Leicestershire among 160 fined for Covid breaches
- 6 Purple, green and blue hairdo gets Chloe to final
- 7 Plan for 12 new homes in Broads village
- 8 SUV chases and rams into car in coastal village
- 9 9 big movies filmed in Norfolk - and why there could be more
- 10 Towns oppose suggestion of more on-street parking charges
"It's a bit bizarre."