Youth organisation to host fire-walking event
- Credit: Archant
A fundraiser in Caister will be bringing the heat in June.
Rather than your ordinary pub quiz or cake sale, Revolutionary Roots are turning up the temperature with a fire-walking event.
Guided by experts from UK Firewalk, participants will test their mettle as they walk barefoot across hot coals.
Heidi Garwood, youth worker at Revolutionary Roots, said: “We do a lot of the general fundraisers and we just fancied doing something a bit different.
“We set up just before last summer and we have youth workers who go out into the community and speak with young people who are involved with drugs, alcohol and anti-social behaviour on the streets in the evenings.”
The walk will take place at the Never Turn Back pub in Caister from 5pm on Saturday, June 2.
Entry costs £30 and participants are encouraged to seek sponsors.
- 1 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 2 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 3 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 4 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 5 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 6 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Police to patrol high crime areas in resort for three straight days
- 8 Five-vehicle crash causes delays on A47
- 9 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 10 Yarmouth man whose body part was found had been released from prison
To book or find out more, email email@example.com