New appointment to health trust
HEALTH bosses at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney (NHS GYW) have welcomed the appointment of a new non-executive director. Peter Hargrave, 63, has been appointed to the board of the Primary Care Trust based in Beccles.
HEALTH bosses at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney (NHS GYW) have welcomed the appointment of a new non-executive director.
Peter Hargrave, 63, has been appointed to the board of the Primary Care Trust based in Beccles.
The married father-of-two took up his role because he felt he had “more to offer” the health service.
He said: “I hope to make a contribution to the health service across Great Yarmouth and Waveney. I have a financial background so I'm quick at analysing information and I think I will bring a commercial edge to the role.”
Mr Hargrave, who has a nine-year-old granddaughter, has more than 22 years experience in the public, private and not-for-profit sector. He has served in both executive and non-executive capacities.
The keen golfer and Norwich City fan added: “I've been involved with the NHS before and really enjoyed it.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 4 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 5 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 6 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 7 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 8 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
- 9 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 10 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
“I was a non-executive director for Norwich Community Health Partnership and worked for Broadland PCT. But the world of health has moved on since and I'm looking forward to finding out how and making a difference for the community as a whole.”
Mr Hargrave has worked as an executive director with Deloitte and Touche and as managing director of the Flagship Housing Group among other executive positions.
Having retired early he has spent the last 10 years in a variety of non-executive roles which have included the Great Yarmouth Port Authority, Meridian East, Broadland Housing Group and the Norfolk Probation Board.
A population of 230,000 people is served by NHS GYW, the Primary Care Trust (PCT), covering the area.
David Edwards, NHS GYW chairman, said: “I'm absolutely delighted to welcome Peter as a non-executive member of our board. He brings a wealth of experience from the private, public and not-for-profit sector.
“I'm sure he will make a real contribution to this developing organisation.”