New appointment to health trust
HEALTH bosses at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney (NHS GYW) have welcomed the appointment of a new non-executive director. Peter Hargrave, 63, has been appointed to the board of the Primary Care Trust based in Beccles.
HEALTH bosses at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney (NHS GYW) have welcomed the appointment of a new non-executive director.
Peter Hargrave, 63, has been appointed to the board of the Primary Care Trust based in Beccles.
The married father-of-two took up his role because he felt he had “more to offer” the health service.
He said: “I hope to make a contribution to the health service across Great Yarmouth and Waveney. I have a financial background so I'm quick at analysing information and I think I will bring a commercial edge to the role.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hargrave, who has a nine-year-old granddaughter, has more than 22 years experience in the public, private and not-for-profit sector. He has served in both executive and non-executive capacities.
The keen golfer and Norwich City fan added: “I've been involved with the NHS before and really enjoyed it.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 8 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 9 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 10 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
“I was a non-executive director for Norwich Community Health Partnership and worked for Broadland PCT. But the world of health has moved on since and I'm looking forward to finding out how and making a difference for the community as a whole.”
Mr Hargrave has worked as an executive director with Deloitte and Touche and as managing director of the Flagship Housing Group among other executive positions.
Having retired early he has spent the last 10 years in a variety of non-executive roles which have included the Great Yarmouth Port Authority, Meridian East, Broadland Housing Group and the Norfolk Probation Board.
A population of 230,000 people is served by NHS GYW, the Primary Care Trust (PCT), covering the area.
David Edwards, NHS GYW chairman, said: “I'm absolutely delighted to welcome Peter as a non-executive member of our board. He brings a wealth of experience from the private, public and not-for-profit sector.
“I'm sure he will make a real contribution to this developing organisation.”